Sunday, November 3, 2013

Book Review: Looking for Alaska by John Green

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I go to seek a Great Perhaps." -François Rabelais

"We are indestructible as we believe our selves to be." -Pudge

One of the books that I'll read over and over and over again!

"Some mysteries aren't meant to be solved." And it was a good reassurance, an enlightenment to me. Looking for Alaska proved to be a very promising and compelling. This book was written in a certain depth needed for personal, emotional growth. It was not mind-boggling at all but it was very emotionally stirring-- I laughed, I cried, I got mad and felt all other emotions while reading this beautiful book. It was so brilliant for it caters both mind and heart of the reader.
Although it took me a while, a week, to finish the entire thing, I felt so full of it like everything seethed within me. I am enlightened just like Banzan. Laughs.

This is my second book of Green and I would say that I like his style. Like what he did in Fault, he made a pretty sum-it-all-up in the end. Everything was just right and it worked perfectly for me. I love Green's point for this book, that we, teenagers, are balls of energy that are indestructible. And he is damn right that it's essential that we must learn not forget that as we grow up because as he has observed, adults are forgetting our capabilities and they tend to belittle us for we are young. That hit straight to my heart.


John GreenLooking for Alaska

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment