Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Review: Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Where the Stars Still ShineWhere the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am almost done with the book tho' and so far, I am liking what I'm reading... I can't wait to write the review about this. It feels like it would be great to rationalize the whole thing.

UPDATED! Sorry for the delay

Trish Doller's Where the Stars Still Shine Is another contemporary novel that anyone's pulls heartstrings and that piece of work that keeps anyone from doing something else. Uhmmmm, that's probably an exaggeration but I felt those kind if moments when I was reading the book.

Our lead Callie endures a very, very problematic life-- she's been running from state to state with her mother to find the place that would suit them but to no avail; she lives thinking that her father abandoned them when she was little and never did she have anything that would make her feel regarded or special. Things started to change when she and her mom decided to transfer from one stated and then get caught. In the end, Callie was separated with her mom and she was given to custody to her father. Seeing her father being all but how her mom described him confused Callie. When she met her other relatives, she felt that love she was looking for and the trust she was trying to earn for. To heat things a little bit up, she met Alex Kosta, the man who would sweep her feet off the ground and would let her realize what real love is. Well, that sums up the story and that might put you off or in the story but let me say more things about it...

Well, I find the story interesting because it was influenced by everything Greek. It was a refreshing play of a culture I know but not familiar with so it was a plus factor of the novel. The slice of life theme was also a plus because it makes the readers relate and I would say that realistic to true to life stories usually don't go bad.

Where Stars Still Shine is not one of those complicated stories. It was a light read with just enough drama and turns. I would suggest this great book to those who wish to unwind and just relax.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment