Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Review: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

FangirlFangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

[EDITED: I realized I write doop things when I do it on a tablet]

Finally! After a week-long worth of reading, the latest book of Rainbow Rowell which is Fangirl is in my 'just read' bookshelf!

So, one thing I'm really curious of: Simon and Baz are real hypes back in early 2000's? ...because I sure didn't hear about them! Anyway...

I enjoyed reading Fangirl because it is very relatable and the characters are so loveable!

Cath is not your typical story heroine. She sees her self as flawed and her insecurities can top the building especially when she's being compared with her twin sister, Wren. Yeah, their names are from Catherine. Of course, what's a love story without the knight in shining smiles, Levi. As he was described, he's so attractive because he's all smiles and I love to picture him as that. And there is Raegan, Cath's roommate whom btw, I love her persona, because although she's a badass, she seemed so sure about everything in her self.

This story is packed with family drama, sister quarrel, romantic conflict which practically completes the usual YA kind of book. Everything was well-thought off and I appreciate everything about this and although at some points, it felt that the growth of the conflict in the story were not give enough justice aka development, this story is not to be disregarded.

So now actually wonder, 'how would it feel if, after all the indifference you felt in the world, you'd meet this one person who'd make you want to defy all odds and just take that huge plunge into the unknown?' I don't know.

I really enjoyed reading this book! It's is very refreshing and as you go along the story, the characters just grow in you. Everything was vivid in my mind while I was reading it. Go try it for your self!

PS. Although, having said all that, I wouldn't give it an A+ (or 5 starts) though because I think that this book can improve some more. To be honest, there are these parts wherein I just scrolled down because I thought it was boring and overly-narrated but there are still those moments that pushed me to just keep on turning the pages to the point of me, sacrificing my sleep. Although I said that, it's not a story that's veiled with so much mystery; I actually appreciate it for being a light read.

PS. I'm planning to re-read this book once more. In the near future :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment