Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Review: This Girl (Slammed #3) by Colleen Hoover

This Girl (Slammed, #3)This Girl by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Damn it. I'm so in love with the Slammed series, I swear. No kidding.

What to say about This Girl... Spoilers ahead. Beware.

Colleen Hoover has probably enjoyed telling the tale in Will's POV as she has done it again here in This Girl, just like in Point of Retreat. Aside from all the honeymoon jitters, most of the book covered Will's round-abouts in Slammed and I would say that everything was really ugh-interesting. Well, this kind of thing is something I wished to happen in Twilight before and I'm actually guessing that Hoover probably had the same frustrations thus, undoing things in her work. Ok, that was me only assuming.

Anyway, I noticed some changes in scenes and dialogues when comparing from the first book, I didn't mind them at all because it was enlightening after being able to read how Will felt every single time he was ranting or whenever he decided to keep quiet. His intense stares to Lake just means more and urghhhh, it was really heart-warming. Like what I have said before, the slamming really gets to me and that would be a forever plus factor of this series.

In the last chapter of Point of Retreat, Will and Lake got married so this book is the continuance. Setting: honeymoon. In the last part of the book, more stars from Julia would appear and a very shocking gift would eventually come out!

I don't really want to make a nice summary of This Girl but I would be so happy to convince anyone to give this series a shot. This Girl is a good conclusion to the Slammed series and I'm pretty sure that it won't left you hanging and you'll end up wishing them butterflying happiness. Colleen Hoover just became one of my sought after contemp writers! For reviews of the other two books, check the ones I wrote!

Laters!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment